Give the gift of membership starting at only $20!
Give the gift of a Wisconsin Historical Society membership starting at only $20 ($10-$30 off!) and shipped for free. Order by December 19 to ensure delivery for the holidays.
The impact of your gift
Your membership or donation ensures our rich heritage is protected and passed on by supporting a number of critically needed programs and services that benefit people in your community, throughout Wisconsin and the nation.
With your investment today, you will help:
- Make available one of the top five genealogical centers in the nation
- Deliver innovative approaches in history education to teachers, students and history lovers alike
- Offer engaging ways to experience Wisconsin history firsthand to over 250,000 visitors each year at 12 historic sites and museums
- Support public and private efforts to protect Wisconsin's distinctive historic places
- Acquire, conserve and share the largest collection dedicated to North American history outside of the Library of Congress
- Provide outreach services, workshops and networking opportunities to more than 380 affiliated county, local and specialized historical societies throughout Wisconsin
- Make many of these collections and services available both online and in person
- All Members Receive
- An annual subscription to the award-winning quarterly "Wisconsin Magazine of History"
- FREE admission to the Wisconsin Historical Museum, on the Capitol Square in Madison
- Half-price or free admission to all 12 historic sites and museums during regular operating hours
- One year of "Columns," the Society's informative and colorful print newsletter
- A subscription to the Society's weekly e-newsletter with news, events and fascinating facts
- 10-percent discount on genealogical records, books, historic image prints and more
- Invitations to special members-only events and activities
- Individual ($45) $20
- All the benefits of membership for one adult
- Household ($60) $30
- All Individual level benefits for two adults and all accompanying children
- History Lover ($100) $90
- All Household level benefits plus:
- Free admission to 12 historic sites and museums
- A coupon for an additional 10-percent discount on a purchase
- Parking coupon for Wisconsin Historical Museum or Society headquarters building
- One 6-month individual trial membership for a friend
Gift membership purchases provide vital support to the Wisconsin Historical Society. Thank you!
Want to order gift memberships by mail? Print and complete this form (PDF, 465 KB) and then mail it with your payment to: Wisconsin Historical Foundation, PO Box 260050, Madison, WI 53726-0050.
To order gift memberships by phone, call us toll free at 1-888-748-7479. The membership office is open Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
Lemmer Family with Christmas Gifts, 1947. Wisconsin Historical Society Image #49446
Do you have questions about donating or becoming a member? We're here to help!